How to Put Music on an iPod
How to Put Music on an iPod
If you love listening to beautiful songs, you probably have an Apple iPod. This is a must-have gadget for all music lovers. If you already have this amazing gadget and want to learn how to put music on it then you are at the right place. This article will give an overview of how to put music to iPod and explain exactly how it is done.
The question is getting more and more common as Apple is introducing more types of iPods. Putting music onto an iPod is very simple and easy and it takes only a few minutes to do it. All you need is an iPod (obviously), some basic tools and some information on how to do it. In the following article, we have come up with a simple way you can use to put songs on your cherished iPod.
What You Need:
Apart from having an iPod, computer, and data cable, here are some important things you need to do before putting music on your iPod.
· You need the songs to download
If you already have a CD collection you can just use any free converter program online to convert them to mp3 and save the files on your PC. If you already have a collection of music in mp3 format then you don't need to do this. Another way is to download the songs from the internet onto your computer. There are now even some sites that allow you to download the music and movies, especially for iPods.
· iTunes Software
The second thing you need to do is to install iTunes. iTunes is a software application that comes standard when you buy an iPod. Typically, you install the program on your computer and create a library of songs in iTunes that is then easily transferred to your iPod. The iTunes software allows the easy manipulation and organisation of the music files on your computer and this is the only program compatible with iPod data transfer.
You can download & install it for free from the internet at Apple official site. Get the latest version and download it to your computer.
Once you have successfully downloaded your favourite songs and the iTunes to your computer, you are now ready to create a music library to iTunes and enjoy it on your iPod.
How to Put Music on an iPod?
Follow these easy methods and transfer your downloaded music to iTunes on your iPod:
· Sync Your iPod With iTunes
Syncing is the process, in which you use the iTunes on your PC to add music files to an iPod. It is a must do a thing if you have a new iPod and want to transfer music to it. To sync an iPod with iTunes, the first thing you need to do is to connect your iPod to your PC using a USB cable. Once your PC detected your iPod, you can do the following steps:
1. Open iTunes on your PC. (Make sure that you have the latest iTunes version)
1. Look at the Device icon in the top-left corner of the iTunes windows. Click on it.
2. Find the Summary option under Settings on the left side of the iTunes windows. Click on it. A list of the content (music files) that you can sync from your iTunes library to your device will be shown on the screen. If you don’t have some certain content in your iTunes library, you will not see some tabs.
3. Click the content you want to sync. For instance, you can choose Music. And then click the box next to Sync Music to activate syncing for that content type.
4. Once it is done then click the Apply button and save your sync settings. It will start the downloading songs onto your iPod. Once syncing is complete, you will have successfully added music onto your iPod.
5. If you want to add some other content types such as Movies and TV shows etc., then you can click those tabs and select your options on those screens. Sync again and that content will be added to your iPod.
If you are unable to add content from PC to iPod using iTunes then here’s what to do:
2. Open iTunes on your computer.
3. Locate and click on the Device icon in the iTunes window.
4. Click Summary located in the left sidebar in the iTunes window.
5. Scroll to the Options section.
6. Look for the “Manually manage music and videos” option and click the box next to it.
7. Then click Apply.
You might get a message there, that your device is synced with another iTunes library. This means that you have used a different PC to sync your iPod in the past and now you have to erase and replace all iTunes content to sync it again.
· Manually Put Music to iPod
If you have media files on your computer that you can’t re-download from the App Store or iTunes directly on your iPod then you can use the drag-and-drop feature on your PC to transfer these files to your iPod using iTunes. Here’s how:
Open iTunes on your PC and find the music files to add to your iPod. To use drag-and-drop, left-click on the music file you want to transfer and hold the click while you move the file to the iPod. Or simply you can also copy and paste to move files to your iPod.
As you can see, how to put music to the iPod is a very simple procedure. Once you are familiar with the workings of iTunes and have a good source on the web for quickly downloading the music you want, you can think of a song and be listening to it all within the space of a few minutes.